Sunday 9 December 2012

Who is foo?

Some may know the answer to this question, but for those who don't, please keep reading. For those who do know.....keep reading anyway.

Once upon a time there was a little girl and her older cousin. Her older cousin could not pronounce her true name, so he entitled her simply "foo". The end.

Well, anyway, the nickname stuck.

When I ventured into the greats land of the World Wide Web, I needed a username for my first online social forum. I used the only nickname I had. So, "foo" it was. In this forum I met some great people and great friends who only call me "foo". If they called me by "Amanda", it would be like calling your mother by her name instead of "mom". Just WRONG.

So, when I decided to start a blog (I will get to the purpose of the blog soon, I promise), foo had to be in the name. It is almost interchangeable with my given name and I easily answer to both.

Plus, foo in french is crazy and I am a little crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment