Sunday 30 December 2012

Meal plan for Dec 31 - Jan 4 and NYE Appetizers

So, I was going to post 3 recipes this past week.....but the flu hit my Little One Christmas Eve and she is finally recovered. So, I will be posting some tonight with my meal plan.

Meal Plan:

Meatless Monday: Baked French Toast Casserole **This would be great for a New Years morning breakfast.** Needs to be prepared day before**

Tuesday: Bourbon Street Chicken with Jasmine Rice

Wednesday: Bacon and Baked Potato Soup

Thursday: Spicy Thai Noodles

Friday: Steak Burrito

Anyone going to any New Years Eve parties and need to bring some appetizers? I have 2 recipes for you. I made these for a Christmas party and both were completely gone by the end of the night.

First is the Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps. I cannot describe all the ways that I love this appetizer. Need I say more....BACON!!!!

I think this made approx 30-40

2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts **more if they are small**
1 (1-pound) package sliced bacon **I slice in half or in thirds, depends on how big you cut your chicken**
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili powder

Toothpicks

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes. Cut each bacon slice into thirds. Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a wooden pick. Stir together brown sugar and chili powder. Dredge wrapped chicken in mixture. 


3. Coat a rack and broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken wrap on rack in broiler pan. Bake 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until bacon is crisp. 


My second recipe is my own recipe and I just call it Hot Taco Dip. This recipe is one that everyone loves. It is easy to make and sooooo yummy.

Ingredients:

1 pkg of philadelphia cream cheese (I use light)
Sour cream (optional)
1 lb of lean ground beef
Taco seasoning (I use epicures, but you can use homemade or the store bought) 
1 jar of Salsa (I use medium heat)
Cheese of your choice
1 bag of Tostitos (I prefer the mutli-grain) for dipping

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.

2. Have the cream cheese at room temperature or put in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to make it easier to spread. Put in a 8x11 casserole dish. I add a few dollops of sour cream, but sometimes I don't. Mix and spread evenly on the bottom of the dish.

3. Brown the beef on medium heat in a pan. **I sometimes add onions and peppers in this phase as well, depending on time and laziness** Add taco seasoning, I don't add a whole package, I just use enough so it is lightly to moderately seasoned. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.

4. Once it cooked, I add salsa. I use 1 whole medium jar or about half of a large jar. I add enough so it is evenly mixed with the beef. Add to your preference. Let simmer for 3 minutes.


5. Spread the beef mixture evenly on top of the cream cheese layer.

6. Grate your favorite cheese on top. I use jack cheese and marble.

7. Put in the oven for approx 15-20 minutes or until it is bubbling on the sides and cheese is all melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment