Sunday 3 March 2013

Strawberry Avocado Salad with Key West Chicken

Strawberry Avocado Salad and Key West Chicken (click for links)

So, I enjoy salads. However, I have only ever had 3 salads that I have LOVED. This recipe is one of them. Me and my man could have eaten 2 big bowls full. FAVORITE NEW RECIPE. It is not only tasty, but so easy and quick to make. Only thing to note is that if you want to use the Key West Chicken (which compliments it perfectly), you should marinade it the night before. The aroma the chicken gives off is heavenly and it tastes soooo good. I used leftovers the next day to make a chicken and spinach sandwich and it was just as good the next day cold.

I was going to make spicy maple pecans for this recipe....but then I read the recipe. I needed to soak them overnight, then cook them for 12 hours. Ummmm.....nope.

The dressing in this salad is sooooooo good. The original recipe calls for sugar in the dressing and I left it out based on reviews from the recipe. I think it would have been too sweet if I had added it.

Key West Chicken:

Ingredients:

3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp chopped garlic
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I only used 2, but I still followed the recipe)

1. In a shallow container, blend soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, lime juice, and garlic. Place chicken breast halves into the mixture, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for the night. 

2. Grill on the BBQ. Not sure what it would be like in a pan, but I am sure it would still be good. 


Strawberry Avocado Salad 

Ingredients:

2 tbsp olive oil
4 tsp honey
1 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
Salad greens and spinach
1 avocado
10 strawberries sliced
Chopped Pecans
Peppers (I added yellow and orange peppers to this recipe)


  1. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, vinegar, and lemon juice. Set aside.
  2. Place the salad greens and spinach in a bowl, and top with sliced avocado and strawberries. Drizzle dressing over everything, then sprinkle with pecans. Cut up the chicken and add on top. Refrigerate for up to 2 hours before serving, or serve immediately.


2 comments:

  1. That all looks delicious. I have never tried avocado in anything but guac, but I want to. Looks really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to make this. The dressing is sooooo good. We made it again tonight.

      Delete