Sunday 3 March 2013

My 1 month pledge and meal plan for Mar 4-8

So, I didn't end up making Massaman Curry last week because we went to East Side Mario's instead. Our daughter had a blast eating our food and playing with her Penne pasta. It is so nice to not always have to pack her a separate meal for her when we go places. Now, if I only I can get her to drink anything other then milk and in any other format then a bottle....

So, the Massaman will be making an appearance on the menu later this week when my son has gone away (he doesn't like curry).

While our daughter napped this weekend, my man and I made some freezer meals. I made the Massaman and my man made a double batch of chicken enchiladas. Both of these recipes are some of out favorite meals. The enchilada recipe is VERY time consuming and a TON of dishes get dirty, but the end product is VERY MUCH worth it. We also make a double batch because it is so time consuming. I think we will try to make 1 or 2 freezer recipes on the weekend depending on our schedule. We had no plans this weekend, so it was a perfect time to get ahead for the week. It is nice to get ahead so that I am not running around after work like the fast/bold/crazy mouse that we killed this weekend in our house.

I have been reading this blog 100 days of real food. I really love this woman's pledge to eat whole foods and  I admire the dedication it took to make to 100 days with a family of 4. At this time in my life, I don't feel like I could make the pledge, but I can still start to make some food choices that are better for my family. I have been trying to make meals as healthy as I can and that is okay with me. However, since my son has been making his own lunches for school, I have been lax on supervising and encouraging healthier choices for him. He knows to always bring 1 fruit or vegetable, but his main meal isn't always healthy. When we have left overs, he will bring that, but when there isn't, he usually goes for the microwavable whole wheat mac and cheese. Not so healthy....

My pledge is to help my son cook and plan healthy lunches and snacks for school for 1 month. While we are at it, I might as well do the same for myself and plan better lunches while I am at work. I will be updating how this pledge is going on my blog.

Here is the meal plan for the week:

Meatless Monday: well, we are breaking this rule since we are going to my in laws for supper and we are having my favorite meat sauce. I will be doing another meatless dinner this week instead.

Since my son and I have this day off,  we will be making some Muffin Tin Tacos (homemade taco seasoning) and low fat Strawberry Shortcake Muffins for lunches this week to help with my 1 month of healthy lunches pledge

Tuesday: Pork Tenderloin with pan sauce and Parmesan garlic roasted potatoes and carrot sticks

Wednesday: Chicken Enchiladas

The NEW Meatless Thursday: Spaghetti Aglio eolio

Friday: Massaman Curry

No comments:

Post a Comment