Tuesday 22 January 2013

Veggie and Greek Pizza on Panini bread

This recipe is yummy, easy, and very kid friendly. It is meatless Monday for my family, so we made it without any meat, but it can definitely be added for those who prefer meat on their pizza. We made different pizzas, my son had straight up veggie and I made my version of a Greek pizza and I think it is my favourite kind of pizza.

Ingredients:

Panini bread - Garlic and Herb (we get ours in bulk from Costco and freeze it)
Diced red onion
Diced peppers
2 cloves of garlic (for 1 pizza)
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Diced Tomatoes
Mozza or marble cheese
Feta Cheese
Diced green onion
Pizza sauce - homemade (see Whirly Twirly Pizza blog post) or in a can (I used store bought for convenience) 

1, Prep veggies or any ingredients of choice
2. If you are making the Greek Pizza, put 2 tbsp of oil in pan and saute the garlic and onions. This will be your sauce. Spread pizza or Greek sauce on the Paninis.



3. Layer veggies, then the cheese. For the Greek, I grated marble and crumble feta on the pizza. Then I place the tomatoes on top of the cheese.



4. Bake at 400F until cheese is melted and Panini is starting to get a little crispy.




No comments:

Post a Comment