Sunday 19 May 2013

Pizza Quesidillas

Pizza Quesadillas

These were a big hit with my son for his lunch. I also made some for myself and I really liked them. They were quick and easy to make and though it would have tasted better when they were fresh, rather then heating them up in the micorwave, it is still better then eating fast food on my lunch.

PS: When I make them again, I will add some sauteed onions and peppers.

Ingredients
  • flour tortillas
  • shredded mozzarella cheese
  • sliced pepperoni
  • pizza sauce
  • 1-2 tbsp oil for pan
Instructions
  1. Brush each tortilla with a thin layer of pizza sauce. You want the layer so thin that if you turned it over, none would drip.
  2. Sprinkle cheese on top of the sauce on the bottom tortilla. Top with pepperoni and other toppings, if desired. Sprinkle with another layer of cheese and place the other tortilla on top (sauce side in).
  3. Preheat a medium cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add some oil for the pan.
  4. Gently place quesadilla in the pan and cook for 5 minutes or so on each side, until cheese is melted and tortillas are crispy.
  5. Slice into quarters and serve with a little bowl of warm pizza sauce for dipping.


No comments:

Post a Comment