Sunday 26 May 2013

Linguini with Sun Dried Tomato Pesto

Linguini with sun-dried tomato pesto

So, this is the only recipe I will be blogging about this week. I didn't get to make my ribs on my meal plan and I already posted about the Italian drunken noodles (which my parents loved when I made it for them).

This was a very quick and easy recipe and I will be making it again. It was also baby approved. My 15 month old could not get enough. I have to mention that you have to love garlic in order to like this recipe....there is a lot of garlic and I was afraid to speak to anyone after I ate it.

I pretty much followed the recipe, other then adding onion to the pesto. Here it is,


1 lb Linguini
1- 7.5 oz jar marinated sun dried tomatoes
2 Tbsp oil from sun dried tomatoes
6 cloves garlic
a small handful of parsley, stems removed
1 big handful of fresh basil, extra to garnish with
2 1/2- 3 cups veggie broth
Half of an onion**I added this**
Grated Parmesan **I added for garnish**



Get the pasta cooking in a big pot of boiling water, to al dente, according to the box instructions. Once done, drain.


While the pasta is cooking you can go ahead and make the sun dried tomato pesto sauce. In a food processor add the sun dried tomatoes, **I added onion**, oil, garlic, parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Pulse until very finely chopped. 

Add the mixture to a large saute pan and allow to cook for about 5-8 minutes on medium low. Stir in the broth and simmer for 10 minutes.

Toss the drained pasta in with the sauce then garnish with more fresh basil and Parmesan


No comments:

Post a Comment