Sunday 15 September 2013

Meal Plan and Honey Dijon Chicken

I have been a very bad bad blogger. I had to take a break from meal planning and blogging. The last month has been crazy at work and at home. We are selling our house ourselves and we were trying to get all the little things done to launch our listing. This is the first time I am selling a house and I am doing it privately...what am I thinking?! Actually, I am thinking I like to hold on to my $, rather then fork it over to a real estate agent... we will see how this roller coaster goes.

So, since I stopped meal planning, I have been blowing our food budget and not eating as healthy as I would like. It is time to get us back on track!

Here is the meal plan this week and a bonus recipe that I made last week and it was a hit!

Meatless Monday - Vegetable Tortellini Soup (my Mother in law made this and it is sooooo good. I can't wait to share it with you!)

Tuesday - Buttermilk Waffles (my man is making this)

Wednesday - Lemon Angel hair with chicken and spinach



Thursday - English muffin pizza



Friday - Leaving it open for now since it will just be me and my littles

Now for the reciepe!! It has bacon and ooey gooey Mozza!

This recipe is so easy and most importantly, yummy! It has few ingredients and steps, so it comes together quickly.

HONEY DIJON CHICKEN

4 boneless chicken breast
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp paprika
lemon pepper to taste
4 Tbsp bacon, cooked and chopped (I used Oscar Meyer bacon bits in the yellow bag)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375.

Season chicken breasts with lemon pepper.  Place in 9x13 baking dish. 

Combine honey, mustard, lemon juice and paprika.  Pour over chicken.  Bake for 20-25 minutes. 

Top each chicken breast with 1 Tablespoon of bacon and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.  Continue to bake until cheese is starting to brown (about 10 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment